Monday 15 July 2019

No Monday Blues Here



Waking up to a beautiful summer morning with a day full of promise stretching out before us all was well in our world.


 We left home and enjoyed a leisurely morning drive to Waterloo passing farmland and crops green yet stressed by either too much water and cold weather or not enough water in this heat wave.


 Paul explains to me that soil density, sand or clay determines how ground water or lack there of determines how well a crop will do. 
Clay holds water longer and turns too hard for roots if there is not enough rain.  While water evaporates quickly from sandy water.
We drove through primarily land covered by Harriston Loam mostly sand with some clay.

Time for a little pampering with two pedicures and one manicure.  
What do you think should I go for the big nails?


Next we dropped things off at Value Village and picked up a few articles of clothing.  Purchasing second-hand clothing is one of the ways we reduce our impact on the environment.


Our next stop is a sibling visit.  Paul’s brother has been moved to a transitional centre as he waits for a permanent bed/living situation closer to his wife and family.


The overall accommodations are better less hospital business, chaos and noise.  More people sitting, talking, smiling with lots of hellos as you pass by.


Our drive home was relaxed with a quick stop at Wendy’s for chocolate Frosties.


I arrived home to find happy mail from my Great Niece.  

In her letter to me she answered one of the questions I asked, 
“What is your favourite cookie” she said Strawberry Cookies.  

Does anyone have a Strawberry Cookie Recipe?
“…I think my favourite kind of cookie is a strawberry one! (Mommy isn’t sure that I have ever had a strawberry kind of cookie but I am sure that I have and it was my favourite!)
I would like to send her a “tested” Strawberry Cookie Recipe.



Back home we reheated soup from yesterday and I made some alterations to a pair of shorts Paul purchased today.

It was a day full of blessings and joy.


Thank you for coming along
Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019twosnydergirls

2 comments:

our awesome travels said...

What a nice day for a drive and visiting. nice to get those things done.

Grandma Snyder said...

It was a perfect day as a chef any strawberry cookie recipes