Thursday 18 July 2019

Following the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole.




Where have I been since Monday?

I followed the white rabbit down a hole and into Wonderland.

This Friday I will travel to Collingwood to participate in a junk journal swap and for the past 6 weeks I have been creating pockets, flip books, tags, searching for public domain images of Alice in Wonderland, re-reading the book, avocado dying paper to get a beautiful pink paper, tea dying paper for that rich tan colour, sewing fabric flips,  two types of snippet lace, creating beautiful spread in my mind and creating the actual cover.


What I have not been doing is a putting the book together, signature by signature.

Pulling all of my individual creative processes together proved almost too much for me.

To start with when I put all of the tucks, flips, tags, and pages together with their lace edges well I needed a 5 inch spine on the book and I built a cover with a 2 inch spine.



Back to the beginning this time to take out pages, tags, tucks and so on until I had three signatures that would fit in a book with a 2 inch spine.

Anyone who knows me in person will tell you that when I am working on a creative project, I lose myself in it to the exclusion of everything else – not a good thing.



And since retiring there is nothing to stop me from crafting from sunrise to sunset.

By the time I finished the book at 3:30 pm this afternoon and stepped back to look at the house well, clearly a paper hurricane had ravaged my home at some point between Tuesday at 7:00 am  and today.

What a mess! 



I have cleared everything out of the main rooms of our home and it is all waiting for me in my craft room – yuck!

Did I have fun?

Of course I did I followed that White Rabbit down the rabbit hole in a wonderful three days creating spree with paper and lace. 



I did a few other things in between crafting, I was stabbed by rose thorns, attended two yoga classes, did not drink enough water or eat enough and had supper with James and his father - great pancakes.



On Wednesday as the heat climbed to unbearable temperature, I could not understand how people could be walking outside.  It was not until our granddaughter came in from riding and wondered why our house was so hot that I went outside to find a beautifully cool evening.  


I has shut the window against the sun and heat that morning and never thought (crafting remember) to check the outside temperature.

I am back and all is well until the next creative frenzy takes over me.



Thank you for coming along.
Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls

No comments: