Friday 19 July 2019

New Friends


Lavender

Severe weather notice at 5:00 am extreme heat, the temperature outside was 27 C and it has just gotten hotter as the day has unfolded.

Hollyhocks

 
I left the house at 10:00 am to travel 90 minutes to have lunch with a woman I knew only through Face Book at which time we would swap journals.  

Before driving away I walked around our gardens.  

Hollyhocks are in full bloom and they always remind me of hot summer days playing with cousins on Great Grandpa’s farm - great memories.    

The sky just as the storm broke

On the way out of town I stopped for a coffee and just made it back to the car before the heavens opened and a thunderstorm broke over my head.

Yep so consumed by the heat I totally missed the severe thunderstorm warning.  


Driving rain

I followed this Tiny house for about 30 minutes we were all traveling slowly as we dealt with the wind and driving rain.  

Tiny House

Just as I began to worry how I would get my journal into the restaurant without getting wet the clouds parted and the sun came out. 

Getting a look at her journal

I am making wonderful new friends through the Junk Journal communities.

Journal Swap

All my worries that Andrea would not like the journal I made for her were unfounded, why do I do that to myself.  

Journal Swap

I took such pleasure in watching her go through her journal and as we got to know each other the similarities in what brings us joy were numerous.  

Journal Swap

I was thrilled with the journal Andrea made for me it is perfect in every way.  I have flipped through my sewing journal at least four times since getting home and I find new treasures each time. 

Journal Swap

Paul had a volunteer drive this morning and as I write this he has left for a local tracker pull with is brother.

Thank you for coming along
Grandma Snyder
©️2013-2019 twosnydergirls.

No comments: