Sunday 14 April 2019

Belonging



We live rich full lives not because of the things we have or because of our personal uniqueness!

Over the past two days I have come to understand that my life is rich because of the family, tribe, gang … that I belong to. 

That for all our scars, bad habits, annoying behaviours this family brings more to my life then they would ever take away.  

That the community I belong to further rounds out all the emotional and spiritual needs that I might have – my life is full because of my tribe.


The past two days I have been up before sunrise quietly observing the world through the windows around me.  I have become aware of spring birdsong, the birds begin to sing softly as the sun rises and increase in volume, enthusiasm and sheer numbers as the morning light makes the world safe again - safe within their flock.


Saturday Paul and I had a meal with all our children and grandchildren in what is becoming our annual opportunity to have everyone in the same place at the same time.  we used the opportunity to have a friend take professional photos for us.



A great time with lots of laughter and amazing food was had by all.  

Alexander's Pull Pork
Dianne's cherry Cheese cake and Apple crisp
Eric's Caesar Salad



Alexander and Kelsey flew back to Victoria BC this morning.  This required that Paul and I be up and on the road by 3:30 am and we were back home by 10:30 in morning. 



Saying goodbye is always hard and I find true joy as a mother knowing that our son is happy where he lives and who he is living his life with, so I am glad to say goodbye for now.


Tired and emotionally a little flat this afternoon I threw myself into our new photographs and the problem that had become the face of our refrigerator – too many magnets & junk.  

I work through the photographs that were taken yesterday and I am so grateful that our photographer E. McCracken Photography capture the unique personality of each individual and that of our family.




This way I spent a wonderful afternoon.
Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls

1 comment:

our awesome travels said...

Family ties are the most important memories in our lives, enjoy them while we can.