There are many gifts that we can give our grandchildren.
- We can purchase gifts from a store
- We can hand down family heirlooms - a gift of family history
- We can use our talents and make gifts
- And we can gift them our time.
The gifts that I remember with clarity and that continue to hold meaning were gifts of time by my grandparents, aunts and uncles.
- in the raspberry patch with my Grandmother
- with my grandfather going on early morning drives
- cleaning peaches and learning to preserve with Aunts
- summer vacations on the farm with Uncles
- visiting family in the USA and so much more.
We are hard wired to seek out relationships, to know that we belong, that we are important. Having an active, dependable, trusting relationship with a grandparent is the greatest gift that we can give.
How do you gift your time to the important children in your life?