Sunday 4 May 2014

You Walk on Holy Ground



Slow down & Notice

You are standing on Holy Ground


Living a holistically balanced life means paying attention to four key areas in our lives.

Four area in a balanced life spiritual, mental, physical mental


I have lived much of my adult life carefully dividing my time between these areas.  Setting aside time for prayer/church, physical activity, grooming, preparing/eating nutritious meals, work, exercise, reading, writing, family/friends, hobbies and this blog.  

Slow Down and Notice You Stand on Holy Ground


Swan taking off

The pattern of my life changes little and is flexible enough to include children, grandchildren, parent, friends and my own aging - it is balanced.  So why did the words “slow down you are standing on Holy Ground, slow down and notice” shake me. 

Slow Down and Notice You Stand on Holy Ground

Sunset reflected in a lake


All day those words kept coming back to me.  I understand that to notice the comings and goings of life around me I have to pay attention to where I am in relation to my surroundings and to myself.  I am careful to notice how and where I am spending my time, and how I feel during these time – what was I missing?

Slow Down and Notice You Stand on Holy Ground


 Exodus 3 One day while Moses was taking care of the sheep and goats of his father-in-law Jethro, the priest of Midian, he led the flock across the desert and came to Sinai, the holy mountain. 2 There the angel of the Lord appeared to him as a flame coming from the middle of a bush. Moses saw that the bush was on fire but that it was not burning up. 3 “This is strange,” he thought. “Why isn't the bush burning up? I will go closer and see.”  4 When the Lord saw that Moses was coming closer, he called to him from the middle of the bush and said, “Moses! Moses!” He answered, “Yes, here I am.”

I had programmed my daily routines to the point where I no longer noticed the burning bushes God was placing in my path and I had forgotten that I walk on Holy Ground every moment of my life.

 Slow Down and Notice You Stand on Holy Ground

Spring Flowers


How does this new insight fit into the pattern of my life?  This diagram illustrates, I believe that to live a balanced life I need to spend time in each of these four areas: physical, mental, social and spiritual; with a very important change - at the core of and over lapping all areas of my life should be my spiritual centre.   


Spriituality at the centre of the circle with social physical and mental radiating out of it




I need to be mindful.  I need to slow down and notice the people, and environment that surrounds me on this holy ground that I walk every day, aware that I always walk in sight of the Burning Bush - in the presence of my God.

Slow Down 

and 

Notice You Stand on Holy Ground.


Grandma Snyder

Thank you to Jim and Ruth Martin and Juanita Laverty

©2013-2015 twosnydergirls











No comments: