Thursday 3 October 2019

What you do on a rainy day



Wet, cold and rainy a wonderful day to write letters, finishing up some crafting swaps, make an instant pot full of vegetable soup, work on some knitting and do dishes, lots of dishes.

Dishes


I woke at 3:45 am this morning and could not get back to sleep so instead of waking up Paul I got out of bed and came into the livingroom to read in my pink rocking chair. 



I had forgotten how much I enjoy being up in the early hours alone in the darkness with no deadlines or pressures.



I am reading The Triumph of Narrative by Robert Fulford and this morning I was reminded of the power of story telling and the risk that it presents as with each telling we change small bites of the story.  Family histories are like this each of us experiences the story differently and changes the narrative ever so slightly to make sense of it.


By 5:00 am I was having trouble staying awake so slipped back into bed without waking Paul and slept to 8:30 am. 


We were going to walk for breakfast and run errands, until is started to rain so our plans changed to hot oatmeal, a day at home and refrigerator soup.




Refrigerator soup is a fall and winter favourite.  The soup base chickpeas, rice and all the vegetables that are in the refrigerator, so good.


Between making the rice and re-hydrating the chickpeas I worked in my craft room finishing the last of the 4 season swaps and putting together my pen pal mail for Lucas and Clara.


After lupper (lunch/supper) we eat between 2 and 3 pm I started to sew together a sweater I am knitting only to realize I made the back to short so I am now taking the stitches out so that I can correct my mistake.


Our day was rounded out with late afternoon yoga, completing October’s zen doodles and an hour of down time before bed.



Thank you for coming along today we hope you enjoy the images

Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls

No comments: