Saturday 4 May 2019

Joy In An Ordinary Life

A place to write and watch the world
Creating a place where I can watch the world
and write.
Definition of Ordinary:
 not different or special or unexpected in any way; usual 
~ Cambridge Dictionary

The past three days have been ordinary in that nothing unexpected happen yet everything was new and full of joy.

Getting the winter tires taken off
Getting the winter tires taken off
Too soon?
With nothing exceptional to say I will let this poem speak for me.

The Ordinary Man
by Robert W. Service

Quilting

If you and I should chance to meet,
I guess you wouldn't care;


Instant pot meal
Making nutritious meals
Chickpea Stew  

I'm sure you'd pass me in the street
As if I wasn't there;


Instant Pot Meal
Another great instant pot meal - all made at the
same time in the same pot (recipe at bottom)

You'd never look me in the face,
My modest mug to scan,


Yoga
I look forward to the safe space that is create at yoga. 
Because I'm just a commonplace
       And Ordinary Man.


Yoga
Each day is a new adventure.

But then, it may be, you are too
A guy of every day,

Yoga
Yoga is always peaceful.
Who does the job he's told to do
And takes the wife his pay;


Resources from the library
Enjoying the resources that our library holds
I am reading Jayne Anne Krentz River Road.
Who makes a home and kids his care,
And works with pick or pen. . . .

Resources from the libraray
Libraries hold more than books they hold many
community resources.
Why, Pal, I guess we're just a pair
       Of Ordinary Men.




A water droplet
Nature always creates vista that capture my attention

We plug away and make no fuss,
Our feats are never crowned;


Spring flowers
Each year the same trees and bushes bloom and each year
they are unique as they dress in the spring flowers.
And yet it's common coves like us
Who make the world go round.


Spring flowers

And as we steer a steady course
By God's predestined plan,
Hats off to that almighty Force.
THE ORDINARY MAN. 


a place to write
I sit tonight at my desk.

Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 2 cups chopped carrots
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 2 cups basmati rice
  • 3 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 pieces of frozen Tilapia
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: 
  1. Prepare all of the ingredients
  2. Set the instant pot on saute and add the olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots.  Saute until the onion are translucent cancel the saute setting.
  3. Remove this from the instant pot and set aside 
  4. Return the pot and using the broth deglaze the bottom of the pot
  5. Add rice and stir
  6. Add the onion mixture on top of rice Do Not Mix just spread this evenly over the rice
  7. Place your Tilapia filet carefully on top of the onion mixture.
  8. Set the instant pot to manual for 4 minutes making sure you have the instant pot on seal
  9. Let the instant naturally release for 10 minutes then care not to burn yourself release the remaining pressure.
  10. Plate in reverse order 


Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls

2 comments:

our awesome travels said...

Nothing quite like the joy of an ordinary life with no surprises .

Grandma Snyder said...

Well said