What to do!? What to do?
What do you make on a hot and humid Saturday when you forgot you had to bring a dessert to a BBQ – you make Black Forest Fool.
All you have to do is make a quick trip to the grocery store and purchase 1 quart of whipping cream, 1 or 2 cans cherry pie filling, 1 chocolate loaf cake and have time to refrigerate your fool for at least an hour.
- 1 chocolate loaf cake
- 1 quart whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 or 2 cans cherry pie filling the number depends on you and the size of your container
- Cut the chocolate loaf cake into bite size squares holding back ½ cup which you will crumble for the top of your fool
- Whip the whip cream adding the sugar until peaks form
- In your glass serving bowl add a layer of cake, whipping cream, cherry and repeat until the dish is full
- End with a layer of cherries
- Using a pastry bag pipe a decoration on the top of the fool with the remaining whip cream and sprinkle the crumbled cake on top to finish
- Refrigerate at least an hour over overnight
Note: we have made this recipe dairy free and gluten free by whipping coconut cream and purchasing gluten free chocolate loaf cake. The cherry pie filling that we use is gluten free.
From Our Table to Yours