As the summer comes to an end we have started to turn to some of our favourite fall foods. The origin of today’s recipe was once again found in our refrigerator vegetable crisper. Beets, carrots salt pepper and balsamic vinegar makes an amazing vegetable dish.
- A dozen small beets
- 6 large carrots
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash the beets and place them on a covered baking sheet and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- While these are baking wash and peel the carrots cut into pieces that are equivalent to the size of your beets when they are halved.
- Remove beets from the oven, remove the skins and cut them on half.
- Place the beet halves and carrots onto a baking sheet and drizzle with both olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetables back into the oven for a further 30 minutes.