Monday 8 August 2016

It's my job to like me!


Lately I have been surprised by the sudden and unexpected appearance of my reflection.  

I am older than I feel and beginning to look like the beloved Grandmother of my childhood.

My hair is mostly grey now and I refuse to dye it just because convention tells me I should desire to look younger.

The skin on my arms and my face is loosening, there are wrinkles where once there was smooth skin and I will not even consider Botox, or plastic surgery.

I eat healthy and do not diet.

I walk 5 miles a day or more and play with my grandchildren.

I like me!

I embrace my grey hair, loose skin, wrinkles, jiggles and all.

I am 60 years old and I like me.

Be mindful that you have to like who you are and who you are becoming because society will always try to remake you in their image.

You are who you are and really that is all that counts.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2016 twosnydergirls

No comments: