Sunday 3 July 2016

The Kingdom of God has come near you


A young man plays the piano during the prelude to the service.  With each note he plays the burdens both known and unknown to me fall away.  In the final notes I am free to open myself up to know my Lord, for through his music I  know that the Kingdom of God has come near to me.

We do not have to do great acts of self sacrifice, or labour long hours in the service of others, we only need to act out every moment of our lives in love to illuminate the Kingdom of God here on earth.

The small child sitting behind me sings out loudly and off key, coping the words we sing a split second later.  My spirit cries out to his Grandparent’s “Please let him sing!” for he sings with abandon and pure joy and again I know the Kingdom of God has come near to me.

We have been commissioned to live lives of peace, love and service.  When we do this we work for the good of all, lifting the burdens that prevent us from knowing the Kingdom of God.  

Your smile as you walk down the street, your joy at being alive will lift the burdens of people unknown, so they may know the Kingdom of God draws near to them.

Grandma Snyder
©2013-2016 twosnydergirls


Lectionary readings: Isaiah 66:10-14, Psalm 66:1-9, Galatians 6 (1-6) 7 -16, Luke 10:1-11, 16-20.

No comments: