Tuesday 16 February 2016

Disappointment


Well today was one of those days that I wish I was 5 years old again so I could just let go and act out my disappointment.

You know what I mean - stomping around leaving in my wake kicked over chairs, broken up puzzles, and deliberately spilling my milk.

I want to lay down in the middle of the store and kick and scream for no other reason than I am disappointed and everyone should know it.

Breath Grandma

Ok, I have a hold of myself now, and no one but you will ever know I have had a tantrum, because it has taken place in my head and on paper.

It is important that we allow our inner child to exercise emotionally sometimes, not in the real world but in our heads, if you journal on paper and when alone out loud.

My disappointment is not earth shattering, on the scale of life events it is really rather minor except my inner child is disappointment that she will not get to play, play with her baby sister.

Do you acknowledge your inner child?

What do you do when he or she just needs let lose?

Grandma Snyder


©2013-2016 twosnydergirls

No comments: