Sunday 25 October 2015

Take Heart Get Up He Is Calling You



These words start a Christian Prayer/Matra known as the Jesus Prayer. 
They are words that I repeat when human despair, 
pain, grief, or fear render me speechless.

Jesus Christ, Son of David have mercy on me for I am a sinner.
Jesus Christ, Holy Son of God have mercy on me for I am a sinner.

Hebrews 7:26 sets out the criterion that ensures that just by calling on the name of Jesus we are heard.
 "For such a high priest [Jesus] became us, holy, guileless, undefiled, separated from sinners, and made higher than the heavens"
 Jesus Christ, Son of David have mercy on me for I am a sinner.
Jesus Christ, Holy Son of God have mercy on me for I am a sinner.

And there is more even before we know that despair, pain, grief or fear are about to befall us God is calling out to us, to draw near to him to know that we are held always and forever within his loving embrace.

Hebrew7:25 Wherefore also he is able to save to the uttermost them that draw near unto God through him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Take Heart Get Up He Is Calling You 
to entered into His Love and protection.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2015 twosnydergirls

This weeks Scriptures Jeremiah 31:7-9 Psalm 126 Hebrews 7:23-28 Mark 10:46-52

No comments: