Monday 26 October 2015

Do What You Can



Today at work in reviewing a power point slide deck I had a 'light bulb' moment as my granddaughters like to say.  
There was a business quote that talked about needing to ensure that people have the resources available to achieve the expected outcome.  
The 'light bulb' moment came when I applied this same axiom to my own life.

As we approach Christmas the demands on my time to sew this, knit that, crochet this pattern, make Christmas cookies for, volunteer for this event, and the list goes on.  
I need to mindful of the resources I have to offer myself so that I can achieve balance and love in my file.

I am not alone this phenomenon, the need or desire to be all things to all people.  
With the outcome being that in the end you are left feeling unhappy, tired or unappreciated.

Theodore Roosevelt's advice is very timely 
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." 
He is addressing just this issue personal resource management.

Be Mindful this week of what your personal resources are and do not over tax yourself.

Grandma Snyder
©2013-2015 twosnydergirls

No comments: