- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 pressed garlic cloves
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oil (I use coconut oil)
- In a large soup pot to your vegetable broth and water add the chicken breast, bay leaves, thyme and cook the chicken breast skimming the broth as needed to remove any scum. Note I use chicken breast with the bone in as I find this added to the flavour.
- Remove the chicken breast and strain the broth to remove the bay leaves, setting aside both the chicken and broth separately.
- In your soup pot add the oil and saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Once the onion are translucent carefully return the soup broth to the pot.
- Now add the uncooked wild rice, and all of the remains vegetables.
- While this are cooking shred the chicken into bite size pieces with a fork and place in the soup.
- Continue simmering the soup until the wild rice is cook
From Our Table to Yours