Each year we return from our ocean vacations with shells. When our children were young it was a bag per child containing their most precious beach treasures.
As the kids got older the bags got smaller and they became more selective on their treasures and grandpa and I always bring back a few beach treasures of our own.
Now that our children are bringing their children we are back to bags of shells, so we went in search of ways to use our ever increasing collection.
The idea for this kids craft came from a very expensive beach gift shop.
For this craft you will need:
- An assortment of beach debris:
- Shell of varying sizes
- Sea glass
- Sharks teeth and much more
- Glue – we used Glue All Max
- Large Alphabet letters – we purchased our from Michaels
- Because you are working with glue this craft needs to be done outside and with adult supervision.
- Spread out the shells and how the children decide the shells they want to place on a small area of their letter.
- Once they have what they want the adult spreads a thin layer of glue over the area and the children place their shells and in this way they cover the letter.
- You can vanish the shells if you want we decided leave our beach treasures in their natural state.
- Once completed you can decided how to display it.