Breakfast at Grandpa’s house is never dull and often includes ice cream and candy from Grandpa’s candy drawer. Today we are sharing with you a family favourite, Sautéed Apples on French Toast.
- 4 pieces of bread
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3 apples peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Maple Syrup
- (ice cream, and a candy drawer)
- Beat your eggs and milk together adding the vanilla
- Dip your bread into the egg mixture, be careful not to over soak the bread
- Fry the bread in a little coconut oil until brown on both sides and place in a warming oven.
- While the French toast is cooking have someone peel and slice the apples. We like using the press slicer because we do not have to worry about little fingers getting cut.
- Toss the apples in the lemon juice to prevent browning
- Once the French toast is done sautéed the apple in the remaining coconut oil until brown
- Place the apples atop the French toast sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and top with maple syrup.
Alternatively, make a rabbits face or add ice cream, jelly beans and one large marshmallow
Regardless if you have it plain for with candy enjoy!