June will be our last Good Food Box until the program starts back up again in September 2014.
This is a win win program, we have received delicious fruits and vegetables each month for $15.00 while at the same time we are supporting working poor family to receive the same box we have at a reduced price.
The Good Food Box is a community program supported by the Public Health Units in Ontario CA. The Good Food Box program was established 20 years ago as a way to provide low income families with fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the year and is available in most major centers through out Canada.
Spinach and Orange Salad (4 servings)
- ½ lb fresh spinach, torn in to bite-size pieces
- 2 medium oranges
- 2/3 medium red onion
- ¼ cup French salad dressing
- Wash spinach thoroughly and allow to dry. Tear into bite-size pieces.
- Peel oranges, then section and remove any seeds. Slice onion and separate into rings.
- Combine spinach, orange sections, and onion in a large salad bowl, tossing well.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, toss gently.
Spinach, Ham and Cheese Omelet (1 serving)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup shredded cheese of your choice
- ¼ cup spinach
- ¼ cup finely chopped ham
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat eggs and water in small bowl until blended
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Tilt pan to coat bottom. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the centre so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, season with salt and pepper. Place cheese on one side of omelet. Top with spinach and ham. Fold omelet in half.
From insert in June 2014 Good Food Box
2013/2014 Good Food Box Posts