Sunday 24 February 2013

February 24. 2013

February 24th, 2013

Today is the last Sunday before Grandpa and Grandma travel with Great Grandma and Great John to Myrtle Beach S.C. for the month of March and so it was a day to complete sewing projects and pull projects together to take along.

Emily finished her pillow today!


and Brooklynn and Isabella also help Emily in stuffing her pillow.

Emily liked the secret pocket and said that she was going to keep midnight snacks in it - oh that is a secret.

Grandma Finished Great Grandma Poncho




This is a Mary Maxium Pattern.

Grandpa Worked on Brooklynn's Canopy Bed




and Emily helped.  This will be completed in April 2013 and Emily is very clear that the bed is to be painted white and the Canopy is to be pink.
Grandpa is using this trundle bed pattern (click on link) and he has increased the corner posts to provide for the canopy.

Grandma Darned James House Socks


and yes the only colour of yarn in the same weight as the socks was blue.

Uncle Rob and Emily played Clock and Brooklynn watched




and finally Grandma when the house was quiet prepared the scrap fabric that she will need to complete the "sew-a-long" challenge at the Tuesday night sewing group that she belongs to the Common Threads.


I have prepared the fabric that I will need for March 2013 meeting as I will not be there and I have picked out my fabric scraps so sew in Myrtle Beach so I am ready for April's group.  At February's meeting we learned how to make pillow cases with just three seams.
and here are my examples and to make your own please click this link to get pattern instructions.




 A Burda Blouse for Judith

Judith has loaned me her serger and what a wonderful piece of equipment to have.  I made this blouse for her as a thank you.  This blouse is from the Burda sewing magazine, which I faithfully get each month.






thank you so much Judith.

 When next I blog it will be from Myrtle Beach!!

God Bless and have a great week 
Grandma Snyder


 

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, sounds like a perfect Sunday in the Snyder house hold. Great Grandma's sweater looks amazing.