Wednesday 7 August 2019

Visiting with Saskatchewan Pen Pals



Cool nights are harbingers of a restful night’s sleep and on August 6, 2019 we woke well rested and excited to visit with our young pen pals.


Our day started with a quick walk and a dip in the hot tub.

Then off to Regina we went to say a quick hello to our great niece and nephew, our little pen pals.   They were thrilled to show us their garden and plants that are growing from the seeds we sent them.


While the men went off looked at farm equipment and run errands Carla babysat her grandchildren so that Charlotte and I could get pedicures and in my case a manicure.

Prior to leaving I asked my great nephew what colour I should get on my nails he said pink sparkles and I now have pink sparkly nails, just a little out of my comfort range.


It was wonderful to spend time with my niece and catch-up on her life and what her children are doing.


Once back at their home I played and coloured with our niece and nephew.  They talked about the things that we sent them in the mail and what we will do at our weekend camping trip together.


I felt great joy when our great niece ran to her bedroom and came out with one of the storybooks we had sent her and asked her Grandma to read too her.

Our great nephew presented me with two homemade mazes that he created for me to solve and in true junk journal fashion re-purposed his happy mail in the creation of my new mazes.


We left after about an hour to have a fabulous dinner at the Teppanyaki Japanese Steak House.  This is a small unassuming store front the reveals an authentic Japanese restaurant and amazing food.  


We have been to this restaurant on at least two previous occasion and each time has been as enjoyable as the last.

Thank you from coming along today.
Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls

No comments: