Saturday 6 October 2018

MCC Recycling Centre Thrifting

A sample of what we found

There is an end of the line thrift store in our area where you ignore the thrift store price because you pay by the pound - the MCC Recycling Centre.

There are bin everywhere and you need to take your time sorting through all of the things that did not sell at the regular MCC thrift stores.

Frames are gone images ready to be reused

There were bins upon bins of frames from which I a rescued two pieces of hand work that someone lovingly made and hung in their home.  I will use them as covers or art pieces in the journals that I make.

The two book will also be used in journals over the next year.


Vintage wedding dress


The head piece belongs to this wedding dress.  I will wash the dress and then pick apart the lace pieces again to use in journals or other sewing projects.

I also found three full balls of eye lash yarn, a piece of cross stitch cloth and a bag of lace all of which I will use in journals, or for Happy Mail.

yarns and lace

The price for all this goodness was $10.00 

What and where is your favourite thrift store?

Grandma Snyder
©twosnydergirls 2018

No comments: