Sunday 23 September 2018

Destination Victoria BC - Flying in the clouds


Destination Victoria BC
This first image is of our take off
 as the plane climbs into the clouds.


We flew West Jet out of Kitchener Ontario CA under a beautiful sky at 4:30 EST and arrived Victoria BC CA at 8:10 MST (11:30 EST).  

It has been a long time since I flew last and I had forgotten how small the seats are and for someone with personal space issues well... lets just say I got the window seat.

Destination Victoria BC
A cloudless sky.

The flight was smooth with very little turbulence.  As many of you know I have a fascination with clouds and flying above those majestic cultures of nature with only forever blue above me was a humbling experience.  I took the time to thank the creator for all that its beyond my comprehension yet necessary for my survival.

Destination Victoria BC
Here we are flying over Saskatchewan CA
Using the West Jet app we were able to track our flight in real time and life provide a lesson in prescriptive.  Above the clouds all was sunshine and blue sky while below the clouds snow fell on my sister.   

September 22/18 Lipton Saskatchewan


Destination Victoria
Then we were between the clouds my favourite part of flying.
Flying between cloud decks is a magical place for me, there is a sense of safety and wonder.  Here I marveled at the cloud formation and tried to match cloud tops to what I would being see from the earth.  As a child I would image worlds on the tops of clouds, cities and people going about their live.

This was my favourite part of flying.

Destination Victoria BC
Flying over the mountains

And as we chased the last rays of sun across the Canadian sky we looked down and saw the Rocky Mountain pecks below us.

We were met by smiles, hugs and welcomes of love by Alexander and Kelsey who took charge of the old people (us) and got us home and safely into bed.

Oh and there was also a great deal of this along the way.

Destination Victoria BC.


Grandma Snyder
©twosnydergirls 2018

 



 


No comments: