We have a microwave, convection oven in our new travel trailer and it has expanded our menu options 100 fold. As many of you know we have been tenting for the past number of years and while we enjoy tent camping we did not enjoy those late night, early morning walks to the bathrooms, so in search of a small trailer we went and the Rpod 171 is where landed.
In Grandpa’s travels he happened upon a couple our age with an Rpod, they told him about a great Rpod group on Facebook and this is where we came upon the Cinnamon Bun challenge. It is really simple make cinnamon buns in your trailer and post a picture and today’s recipe was our contribution.
|Everything ready to go|
For years we have made cheater cinnamon buns using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and for camping we changed up our recipe to include vanilla Greek yogurt for the glaze, thus there is no need to carry vanilla with you.
|Butter and brown sugar ready to melt|
We pre-measured all of our dry ingredients placed them in bags and the bags inside the dish we would make the cinnamon buns in wrapped in plastic wrap to keep it all together. In the refrigerator we kept the crescent rolls, butter and yogurt.
|Crescent rolls ready for brown sugar and cinnamon|
Here is a tip from our tent camping roll everything out on two long pieces of plastic wrap, roll up the buns and the final clean up is easy – we timed it at 30 minutes from the moment we started to sitting with hot cinnamon buns to eat.
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2/3 cup soften butter divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In the bottom of a glass pie plate melt half the butter and add 1/2 the brown sugar.
- Unroll the crescent rolls onto a lightly floured surface and pat all open seams closed
- spread 1/2 brown sugar and cinnamon on the surface of the dough
- roll the dough into a tight log from the short end
- cut the log into 6 to 8 cinnamon rolls
- Place in the glass pie plate
- Bake for 20 minutes
- While the dough is baking make the glaze
- mix together the sugar, yogurt and melted butter
- Once the cinnamon buns are baked glaze and serve warm