Rhubarb is once again in season and so is rhubarb pie. This year aside from making all of our favourite rhubarb desserts already posted we dipped into my mother-in-law’s recipe box where we found this wonderful rhubarb crumble pie sweetened with maple syrup. We both believe this to be the best rhubarb pie we have ever had.
So from our table to yours we hope you enjoy this week recipe.
Rhubarb Crumble Pie
- 2 cups chopped red rhubarb
- 2/3 cups maple syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons fine tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pie crust uncooked
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat Oven to 400 F
- Clean and chop your rhubarb and place is a large mixing bowl
- Add to this the maple syrup, beaten eggs, tapioca and vanilla mix well
- Pour this into the pie shell
- In a separate bowl mix together all the ingredients for the topping and spread evening on the pie
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 for another 30 minutes or until the pie is set.