Rhubarb is not just for dessert it also adds amazing flavour to meats.
In this recipe the pork chops simmer in the combined juices of the rhubarb, ginger, garlic and shallots before being plated with maple syrup drizzled over them.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Pork Chops in Rhubarb Sauce
- 6 pork tenderloin chop
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 garlic clothes chopped
- 2 inches of fresh ginger minced
- 6 medium stems of rhubarb cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 cup or water
- ½ maple syrup
- Brown pork chops in a deep dish ovenware pot we use cast iron and set aside
- In them same pot sauté shallots, garlic and ginger until aromatic
- Return pork chops and any juice to the pan, chopped rhubarb and water cover and bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until the meat is cooked
- Plate the meat and drizzle with the maple syrup serve.
From Our Table to Yours
©2013 – 2017 twosnydergirls