Always ready to support a school fundraising event our freezer held a large bag of frozen turkey sausage and it needed to be eaten.
We could have BBQ sausage on a bun however this is not my favourite meal.
While we were away we had a potato gratin dish that contained meat and root vegetables so we decided to make a turkey sausage and vegetable gratin.
We hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do.
Turkey Sausage and Vegetable Gratin
- 6 - 9 links of your favourite turkey sausage coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions chopped
- 16 small potatoes coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 12 medium radishes coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces of mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 1 lbs of asparagus coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté the chopped sausage and onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil until the sausage begins to brown
- Add the potatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes
- Place this in a large mixing bowl and stir in the cream
- Using the same frying pan sauté the mushrooms and radishes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 3 minutes and add to the potato mixture combining well
- Clean and coarsely chop the asparagus fold this into the potato mixture
- Pour this in to a 9 x 11-inch greased baking dish
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese
- Cover with tinfoil
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minute
- Remove the tin foil and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, the cheese will be golden brown
From Our Table To Yours