Our Mennonite Church has a cupcake tradition on the Sunday that Sunday School starts up following the summer break. Our Granddaughters are now old enough they want to be part of church life and on the Saturday prior to the start of Sunday school we were making cupcakes.
We would like to credit the creator of the rainbow cupcake and try as we might we could not because Pinterest is full of rainbow cupcakes and each offers just a slightly different way to make them.
Our offering differs only in that we used Grandma's white cake recipe written down so many years ago that the paper is yellow and brittle with age.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup egg whites unbeaten - about 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 different food colourings
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Into this mix the margarine, milk, egg whites and vanilla
- Mix until the batter is smooth
- Divide the batter into 4 different bowls and add the food colouring
- Using all of the colours in each cupcake paper fill 3/4 full
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Ice your cups cakes.
On Pinterest we also cupcakes baked in ice cream cones. We used mini cones note these may take longer than the cupcakes to bake - at least ours did.
From Our Table To Yours
©twosnydergirls 2013 - 2016