Leftovers what to do with them?
Put them in the freezer and too soon they are taking over, and that is something Grandpa Snyder just cannot tolerate.
Thus the inspiration for today's recipe.
In our freezer was ham from Easter, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped scapes, while in the refrigerator was a head of cauliflower and from the pantry we pulled out mushroom pieces and mushroom soup.
Now we stood in the kitchen looking at our ingredients and decided the flavours went together, that nothing shouted DON’T USE ME! Sometimes meals just happen this way.
Here is Ham and Cauliflower Casserole and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 4 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions or scapes (garlic plant tops)
- 1 small head of cauliflower broken into bite size pieces
- 1 Can of mushroom pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 11/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix the first 6 ingredients and pour into a 9 x 12 baking dish
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Spread the remaining cheddar cheese over the top and return to the oven for 15 minutes
From Our Table To Yours
©2013 - 2016 twosnydergirls