Eggplant is an amazing vegetable and we look for every opportunity to experiment with it. While we had to purchase our eggplant at this time of the year in preparing this meal we started to plan our 2015 home garden and yes once again we will grow eggplant in two of our large clay pots.
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 small can tomatoe paste
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 can tuna drained
- Coconut oil
- 1 cup of your favourite cheese
- Cut the eggplant in half-length wise and carefully cut the pulp out of each half without cutting into the skin and leaving ¼ inch of pulp in place.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and celery in the coconut oil until the onion are translucent.
- Next add all of the other ingredients to the frying pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the tuna to the frying pan and combined well
- Divide the tuna mixture between the two halves of the eggplant and sprinkle the cheese on both halves.
- Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and place in a 350 °F oven for 40 minutes.
From our table to yours