Monday 16 February 2015

10 Things to Tell Your Children in February


February is the month of love, share your stories of love and the wisdom you have gleaned from it.


1.  How you met your children's father or mother?

2. Tell them what attracted you to this person and if you are still together does it still attracted you?

I was drawn to the comfortable companionship that Paul creates around him and this is still what I find most attractive.

3. How long did you date before you married or moved in together?

4. Described to them your funniest dating moment.

It was Easter and I made my first from scratch strawberry pie in an attempt to impress my new boyfriend – it looked wonderful.  On the way from the counter to the table I stumbled and the pie hit the floor.  My boyfriend started to laugh, there was pieces of broken pie plate, and strawberries everywhere but the pie shell made it through unscathed.  We went out for pie.

5. If your public school celebrated Valentine’s Day tell your children your best memory of this time.

6. Tell your old children of a dating experience if you could do it over again you would avoid and why.

7. If you know how your parent (their grandparents) met tell the story.

8. If your parents or you have divorced talk to your children about this and how you fell out of love. 

It is very important that before you tell this story that you practice telling it in such a way that your children can still love their other parent and feel whole as a person – remember they draw their identity from both of you.

9.  Tell your children what your favourite flower is and if there is a flower you dislike share this as well.

I cannot abide the smell of carnations.  My grandfather died when I was 12 and there were many carnations at the funeral home.  To the point that I now associate the smell of carnations with death and loss.

10. Tell them a love story from your families’ historical collection.

As always where this articles says children please feel free to substitute grandchildren.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2015 twosnydergirls

No comments: