What will we have for supper with hungry granddaughters to feed with grandpa and grandma tired from a day at work?
Taco Pie a favourite supper of their father’s childhood, and now with gluten free Bisquick it can go back on grandma’s menu board.
This is a fast meal to make taking approximately 60 minutes from start to finish, with many steps that kids can help with.
And is is a hit with yet another generation of Snyder's.
Please note we used gluten free taco mix, shredded cheese and Bisquick making this recipe gluten free!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup Bisquick Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tomato dices
- 2 cups of kale or spinach chopped.
- Chop the onion and celery
- In a frying pan brown the ground turkey with the onion and celery.
- Once the meat is cooked through turn off the heat and stir in the taco seasoning
- Grease an 8 by 8 oven proof pan.
- Pour meat mixture into the pan and set aside
- Preheat your oven to 400 F
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the Bisquick, eggs and milk pour this over the meat
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove taco pie from the oven sprinkle the cheese overtop and return to the oven until the cheese is melted
- Chop the tomatoes and greens.
- Cut the taco pie into squares and garnish with tomatoes and kale.
From Our Table to Yours