We have attended our first family Christmas dinner and this event is a planned pot luck and we had been tasked with brings a salad. Wanting a salad that contained protein (an alternative to turkey) we knew that quinoa would be one of the ingredients used. Recently we enjoyed a spinach and lentil salad at a friends home so we set out to replicate the salad using quinoa instead of lentils.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups spinach
- ¼ cup shredded parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- finely grated peel of one lemon.
- Cook quinoa and cool in refrigerator
- Sautee the shallots and celery in coconut oil until shallots until tender
- Add cumin and thyme to frying pan and combined with the celery and shallots
- Set this mixture in the refrigerator to cool.
- Chopped parsley
- Clean spinach
- Make dressing and set this aside.
- Combined all ingredients except the dressing in a large bowl and toss until evenly mixed.
- Add dressing and toss again.
- Serve immediately
From Our Table to Yours