With the warm weather back watermelons are back in the grocery stores and in our garden swiss chard has started to appear so taking inspiration from my recipes.com Watermelon-Cucumber Salad we made Swiss Chard and Watermelon Salad.
- 4 cups of watermelon cut into bite size cubes
- ½ a medium sized red onion cut into thin slices
- 3 cups cucumber cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons of mint (we used spearmint from our garden)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Place the first four ingredients into a bowl cover and place in the refrigerator
- When ready to serve
- In a separate bowl mix together the lemon juice and olive oil
- Gently toss the salad in the oil and lemon juice
- Top with crumbled feta and serve
We like this salad very cold and so have been known to place the salad dish on a bed of ice in a larger container.
From our table to yours