What do you do when you have Parsnip and Carrot Mash leftover and it’s just too good to toss?
You add two eggs and 1 cup of cornmeal and your make Parsnip patties!
These are so good we will deliberately make a double batch of parsnip and carrot mash so there is enough to make patties to freeze.
- 4 cups of parsnip and carrot mash
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal (gluten free)
- 3 tablespoons oil (we use coconut oil)
- Maple Syrup
- Mix the first three ingredients
- Heat a frying pan and add some of the oil
- Place a large dollop of the mixture in the hot frying pan and shape into a patty with a spoon
- Fry on both sides until the cornmeal is a nice toasted colour
- Place on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven
- Repeats steps 1 through 5 until all of the mixture is used up
- Serve hot with maple syrup
From our table to yours