Grandma I’m bored can we bake something?
What would you like to make?
If you are new to this blog I have become the repository of pictures, recipes and other papers and I have a decorative box that holds the many scrapes of paper on which my Aunt Marjorie wrote and collected recipes.
Ruth and I looked through many and decided we would make Virginia Apple Pudding because in Aunt Marjorie’s small and precise hand writing was written “Good” and “Delicious with Ice Cream”
We have included the recipe as written and in brackets you will find the changes that I made to make if gluten and dairy free.
- ½ cup butter or margarine (we used coconut butter)
- 1 cup of sugar (we used 2/3 cup maple sugar)
- 1 cup flour (we used my gluten free flour mix)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup milk (we used almond milk)
- 2 cups cooked apples
- Melt the butter into a 2 quart casserole dish
- In a different bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder
- Add the maple syrup to the butter and flour with the dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Pour your cooked apples into the middle of the dish and let the thin batter go where it will
- Place the dish is an oven preheated to 375 °F for 40 minutes or until the batter covers the fruit and forms a brown crust
From our table to yours