Sunday 9 November 2014

Powerful in my choice to feel!


Grandma! Ruth is making me so mad! 

Wow Emily you are giving Ruth a great deal of power over you!

No I am not! 

It’s Ruth’s fault she makes me so mad!

There are few things in the world that we have control over and our emotional response is one of them.  It is hard to accept that we control our emotions that others do not make us feel.  It is easier to make our responses someone else’s fault. 

As parents and grandparents how often have we heard ourselves say “You have made me so mad, or disappointed, or happy….” when in fact how we responded is totally under our control, it is a choice.

Knowing that your emotional response is within your personal control is life changing and empowering.  Today I took the first step in helping both Ruth and Emily begin to take back their personal power.  This will be a process that requires years of practice and maturity.  Today I planted an idea that I will nurture at every opportunity in my grandchildren.

I am powerful in my ability to choose how I feel, how I respond to others and myself.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2014 twosnydergirls

No comments: