Tuesday 25 November 2014

Knitting the Sky

   October 2014


That orbèd maiden with white fire laden,

         Whom mortals call the Moon,
Glides glimmering o'er my fleece-like floor,
         By the midnight breezes strewn;
And wherever the beat of her unseen feet,
         Which only the angels hear,
May have broken the woof of my tent's thin roof,
         The stars peep behind her and peer;
And I laugh to see them whirl and flee,
         Like a swarm of golden bees,
When I widen the rent in my wind-built tent,
         Till calm the rivers, lakes, and seas,
Like strips of the sky fallen through me on high,
         Are each paved with the moon and these.
Excerpt from The Cloud by Percy Bysshe Shelley


October provided what felt like equal amounts of sun and cloud, yet in most of the pictures that I took show cloud cover and the knitting would also support a very cloudy month.


Knitting the Sky is the creative genius of Leafcutter Designs.
Click here to visit this website

The Yarn used is from Docknits in Port Elgin Ontario
Click here to visit this website

As we come to the last few months of 2014 if you are thinking about knitting the sky in 2015 all you need to do purchase your yarn, look up and pick up your knitting needles.


Grandma Snyder

©2013-2014 twosnydergirls

No comments: