Dairy Free, Vegan and Tasty!
We will continue to experiment with binding agents as this recipe works for meatballs, sloppy Joes and Shepard's Pie it did not stand up to the hamburger in a bun set. It falls apart after the first bite.
We were pleased enough to post the recipe for you to enjoy. We knew we had it right when our grandson and daughter both said "not bad".
- 1 Cup of quinoa
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 medium cooking onions chopped
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic minced fine
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoon ground chai seeds
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Lea & Perrin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Basil (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Rinse the quinoa and cook as per package once cooked set aside in a large bowl to cool
- In a small bowl add your ground chai seeds, water and Lea & Perrin Sauce
- In a frying pan add 2 teaspoons coconut oil and saute the onion until translucent set aside
- In the same frying pan now add your chopped mushroom, garlic, cinnamon and thyme and cook for no more than 2 minutes at the every end add the contents of the bowl with the ground chai seeds and quickly mix into the mushroom mixture
- In a large bowl mix everything together, form your meatballs and fry until brown on both sides.
Enjoy from our table to yours