Sunday 27 July 2014

Mother Teresa Quote ~ That I Might Be Holy

That I always may be Holy 

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be Holy.
Act in me, Or Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be Holy.
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is Holy.
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is Holy.
Guard me then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be Holy.
Amen ~Mother Teresa


This has become the prayer that I greet each new day with, beseeching the Holy Spirit to walk with me. 

In this way I have come to understand the path of Mother Teresa and so many Mennonite volunteer service workers before me. 

That to be Holy is to know my place is in service of our Lord, in caring for, bearing witness to and standing in support of, as Isaiah says in 

chapter 1 verse 17 Learn[ing] to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.

This is my task as a parent and now as a grandparent both to learn to be Holy in service and through my actions model for my (grand)children the need to see oppression in our world and to empower  the oppressed to define and seek their own peaceful liberation.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2015 twosndyergirls

No comments: