The Good Food Box is a community program supported by the Public Health Units in Ontario CA. The Good Food Box program was established 20 years ago as a way to provide low income families with fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the year and is available in most major centers through out Canada.
This month the Good Food Box came with the following two recipes:
Oven Roasted Potatoes
Ingredients (6 servings)
6 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut in to 1 ½ inch pieces
¼ cup butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, minced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place potatoes in a baking dish
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over potatoes and toss well.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the outside is crisp, lightly browned and the inside is tender. Stir twice during baking
Easy Potato Soup
4 large potatoes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 ½ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cube potatoes
- Put in a saucepan along with the onions and celery. Add water, but don’t quite cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are very tender.
- Using a potato masher, coarsely crush the potatoes, but don’t mash them – you want chunks left.
- Add in the milk and salt and pepper to taste.
2013/2014 Good Food Box Posts
- April 24, 2014 Mushrooms
- January 20, 2014 Glazed Carrots
- December 20, 2013 we explored Foodlink Grey Bruce
- November 16, 2013 Sweet Potatoes Fact
- October 19, 2013 Pumpkin Fact
- September 24, 2013 Kale Potatoe Soup