Monday 14 April 2014

Victory in Jesus



No 34 Victory in Jesus

I heard an old, old story how a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary to save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning, of His precious bloodstream atoning,
Then I repented of my sins and won the victory.
River and Stone building
I heard about His healing, of His cleansing power revealing,
How He made the lame to walk again and caused the blind to see;
And then I cried “dear Jesus, come and heal my broken spirit,”
And somehow Jesus came and brought to me the victory.
Rushing Spring creek

I heard about a mansion He built for me in glory,
And I heard about the streets of gold beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing, and the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there the song of victory.
Crashing flood waters

Oh victory in Jesus, my Savior, forever,
He sought me and bought me with His redeeming love;
He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory, beneath the cleansing flood.
River Flooding

From Songs Of Inspiration John T. Benson Publishing company. 1949

Grandma Snyder
©2013-2015 twosnydergirls 

No comments: