Monday 10 March 2014

I cannot dance, O Love



Sunrise over a winter field

I cannot dance, O Love, unless you lead me on.
I cannot leap in gladness unless you lift me up.
Sand Dunes
 From love to love we circle, beyond all knowledge grow,
For when you lead we follow, to new worlds you can show.

Sunrise over a winter scene

Love is the music ‘round us, we glide as birds in air,
Entwining soul and body your wings hold us with care.

Single Seagull in flight

Your Spirit is the harpist and all your children sing;
Her hands the currents ‘round us, your love the golden strings.

Pigeon in Flight

O blessed Love, your circling unites us, God and soul.
From beginning, your arms embrace and make us whole.

Atlantic Ocean

Hold us in steps of mercy from which you never part,
That we may know more fully the dances of your heart.

Snow covered field


Words from the Hymn I cannot dance, O Love #45  Churches in the Believers Church Tradition. (1992). Hymnal A Worship Book. Scottdale: Mennonite Publishing House.

  Grandma Snyder
©2013-2014 twosnydergirls

No comments: