Sunday 10 November 2013

Friendship




Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.

Barb has been a valued counselor for these past 36 years.   She has challenged me to become more than I ever thought possible.  Through her example of courage and dogged determination to tackle each new day, irrespective of the sorrow and struggle I have learned to forgive myself.
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity

Barb is my sister we have supported each other through personal and family adversity.  She is always there when I need her and she knows when to reach out to me and push through the wall of isolation that I create when wounded spiritually.
Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

Barb has instructed me in how to be a mother, present and accepting of the awesome creativity and individuality that my child encompass.  Barb’s instruction has not be in words but in example a medium far more powerful.
Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you

As Ruth could not envision a world without Naomi, Barb is always present in the future that I envision.  To grow old sitting together crocheting in comfortable silence is to know I future I am not afraid to face.


“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” C.S. Lewis

Barb is not part of everyday life as we are separated by miles and busy lives, yet I know her to be always present.  Someone who loves me unconditionally and who will come when needed and be present just because.

Marjorie
 
 

No comments: