Saturday 24 August 2013

A Day of Blessings





What a glorious day  

A day full of blessings, 
surprises and friends

A day when my cup overflows

And my heart cries Amen
Grandma Snyder


Today started with a call from our most beautiful daughter Dianne and her life partner Rob with an invitation to have breakfast with them at the Redwood Restaurant in Clifford Ontario CA.
  The Redwood is a family run restaurant that is a summer tradition with many of our cottagers and for the residents of Grey and Bruce Counties a great place to enjoy good home cooked meals.

 Hwy 9 County Rd 10
Clifford Ontario
Phone #: (519) 327-8738

 And what is that I see gluten free bread and desserts.  For those of us who are on gluten free or on gluten restricted diets to see this on a menu is a blessing indeed.



Garage Sales and Country Vistas



 The Royal Albert Birch Bark Pattern is one of my favourite and so when I saw the cream, sugar, tray, cup, saucer and tea plate I added them to the cup and saucer that I already had.  The silver tea spoon holder was also a find from today.
There is nothing more elegant and a tea party.
 One of the antique stores that we came across was going out of business.  I was admiring a donkey condiment holder and the owner came up and offered all the donkeys in the store for $5.00.
I have no idea what I will do with 12 china donkey figurines, eBay?
The item on the left is a vintage cherry pitter and on the left a meat grinder.

Our destination for the day was Listowel Ontario and we made it as far as 
Harriston Ontario and the 

Old Ford Car Show 

 Paul took the pictures





Our Garden 



 

Grandma Snyder


No comments: