Thursday 11 July 2013

Midweek Posting "Wow is it busy"



July 11, 2013

Midweek Posting “Wow is it busy”


I have to say I am very surprised at how much work it has been having the girls here full time, getting the girls ready  Vacation Bible School, getting them there and back, Soccer practices and games afternoon activities and bedtime routines.  By the time 9:30 rolls around Paul and I are done and ready for bed.  I have also worked outside the home every day except Thursday and Friday (I will get to that later).

Vacation Bible School is a hit! Both girls have asked if they could go next week and were upset to hear it is only for one week.  Each morning Paul and I get up early to get  ourselves ready and at 7:30 am I get the girls up.  We go outside to comb long tangled hair, and at 8:15 having just finished the hair I leave for work.


At 8:30 am Paul and the girls ride their bikes to VBS at Grace United Church and at 11:00 am Paul bikes back to pick them up.

Monday on the way to VBS Rylee recognized a little girl who was playing in her front yard.  Sam used to lived across the street from Ruth and moved about 9 months ago.  Overjoyed to have found her friend again they have spent the week getting back in touch having play dates at each other’s home.  Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons were spent with 

Grandpa at the Pool.  Emily in the big pool playing with new friends, Paul and Ruth in the shallow pool keeping cool: it has been hot and humid this week high 20’s but feels like high 30’s.

I have had a cough for the past 6 days and on Wednesday I took myself to the emergency and found out I have walking pneumonia.  The Doctor became very assertive when I suggested that I could continue to work – nope I am off until Monday.  So today I walked the girls to VBS and home, very winded but I enjoyed watching them play.  Once home we started to get ready for the Church Camping this weekend.  First we planned the menu, then we washed sleeping bags followed by a trip to the dollar store to pick up last minute items like, glow sticks, crafts, etc.

Now not all has been fun and games at Grandpa and Grandma's house Ruth is very angry in this picture she does not want to make the bed she is laying in.  However with some support she did make her bed and joined the rest of us for lunch.










Emily loves cutting up vegetables really she likes everything to 
do with  cooking.









 Kraft Dinner with chicken Hot dogs cut into it, vegetables and cookies a great lunch.

Because of the heat we have started to eat outside in the shade.  


We realized that the table and chair set the girls are using is 16 years old.  Paul made this for James in 1997.

Is there any other way to eat an Oreo Cookie?

Grandma Snyder

No comments: