Tuesday 16 January 2018

Experiencing yourself through others.


The juxtaposition between the ‘I’ that we know and the person that others experience always comes a shock.

Today at a team retreat we advanced our knowledge of each other by exploring the four personality colours.  We started the exercise from the ‘I’ position, we looked at four individual pictures one picture for each colour and we picked the picture we thought best represented our internal perception of self -  the picture that best aligned with our internal narrative.

The next exercise was to evaluate a series of words again in order of their relevance to our internal narratives and from here we were directed to a colour that the test results said best represented our internal narrative.

The final exercise was to be open to how we are experienced by others.

We live our lives with an internal narrative about who we are and we live in relationship with other people who develop their own narrative about us.

Which is the true narrative?

How I know myself or how others know me?

It is both.

Aristotle says that knowing yourself is the beginning of wisdom.

To know myself I must first understand how I impact the world around me.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2018 twosnydergirls  

January 16, 2018

No comments: