We are getting ready to leave on vacation and so it was time to sort through the freezer and find a way to use the smaller containers we found there.
What we found was pureed squash from Thanksgiving, spinach frozen from last years’ garden, cooked chicken slices ready for use in salads and chicken broth.
|It was icy and Grandpa almost fell.|
What to make was easy soup and we have called this recipe
Chicken Squash Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth (we had 4 cups in the freezer) and used purchased broth to make up the rest.
- 2 cups cooked puréed squash
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small cooking onion chopped
- Four bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon ketchup
- 2 cooked chicken breast diced
- 2 finely chopped cups of spinach
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 bay leaves
- Cayenne pepper (always a good thing to add to a winter soup) to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta (the amount depends on how thick you want your soup we used 4 cups of cooked pasta)
- Add everything to a soup pot except for the pasta and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook your pasta and set aside
- Remove the bay leaves
- Add pasta simmer for 5 minutes
From Our Table to Yours