Growing up in a Mennonite household there were certain dishes that were associated with a family member or a day of the week.
Sunday salad is one such dish. It did not matter who you visited as long as it was on Sunday this marshmallow delight was on the menu.
The salad goes by many names and for us it was always known as Sunday Salad.
The flavour of jello and combination of fruit might change and yet the salad remained basically the same through the use of miniature marshmallows and Cool Whip.
For the past number of years this salad has fell out of out of favour for healthier salads and as will happen it is making a come back.
Here is the salad recipe that we grew up with for you to enjoy.
- 1 package orange jello
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 can Mandarin oranges drained
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place crushed pineapple and juice in a bowl add jello
- Drain oranges and add to jello
- Add marshmallows
- Add Cool Whip and stir together
- Refrigerate overnight
From Our Table To Yours
©2013 - 2016 twosnydergirls