Tuesday 1 July 2014

Happy Canada Day

Matching Canada Outfits

Girl and her doll dressed in Canada Day outfits
Ruth and Isabella spent Thursday night at Grandpa & Grandma house.  It was one of those rare occasions when Ruth was here by herself.  Ruth asked if we could sew an outfit for Isabella  and so to my fabric stash we went.  Ruth found a large piece of Canada Day fabric that I have had for about 30 years, I purchased out of a discount fabric bin never realizing that I was purchasing it for my Granddaughter.
Girl putting decorations on her dolls dress
Ruth picked out the pattern for her doll and while in Grandma's pattern boxes found a top that she liked for herself.  I quickly sewed up Isabella's dress  Eden Ava Couture 1930's Ruffled Play Dress.
Maplelea her Canada Day Dress

Ruth then spent Friday morning decorating the dress and helping Grandma cut out and sew her summer top.
Girl learning to sew
Grandma Snyder
©2013-2014 twosnydergirls

No comments: